Child Learn to Swim
Cost and Benefits:
We believe that every child deserves the opportunity to swim. Most of our members can register for swim lessons at no cost. See below for registration information.
City Swim Project Members Receive:
- Pool access
- Swim instruction or coaching
- One team T-shirt annually
- Academic support
- USA Swimming membership
- Meet entry and splash fees covered (competitive-level swimmers)
How our swim lessons work.
How our swim
Open eyes and retrieve an object.
Blowing bubbles with air exchange.
Front (F) float and recover. (5 sec.)
Back (B) float and recover. (5 sec.)
Front kick. (15 ft.)
Back kick. (15 ft.)
Rollovers F to B and B to F.
Relaxed head bobs (10x)
Front and back streamline glide off wall. (10 ft.)
Side swim left and right sides. (25 ft.)
Freestyle (25 ft.)
Backstroke (25 ft.)
Breaststroke (25 ft.)
Dolphin kick (25 ft.)
Tread water (1 min)
Freestyle (25 yd.)
Backstroke (25 yd.)
Breaststroke (25 yd.)
Butterfly (25 ft.)
Streamline off wall with kick
Tread water (5 min)
Locations and schedules.
William-Emslie Family YMCA
Frank A Sedita Academy
The Belle Center
Erie Community College Burt Flickinger Aquatic Center
How to register your child.
How to register
If you prefer to submit a paper registration:
You can pick up or drop off registration packets at our office at 651 Delaware Ave, Suite 144. Our office is opened Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
- Complete this form, one for each child online, then print and provide signatures where requested on all pages: City Swim Project Swimmer Registration Packet
- Make sure every page has the signature of a parent or guardian.
- Be sure to provide a copy of your current 1040 Federal Tax Return with Social Security Numbers removed or other Proof of Financial Assistance. Additional information for Proof of Financial Assistance is available on the Niagara Swimming Outreach Application. If you do not qualify for any of the standards, you will be required to provide payment for each registered child. Cost per child is listed on the Niagara Swimming Athlete Registration Form.
- Include your email wherever requested.
- Return the completed packet to a coach as soon as possible.
- For any questions, contact Coach Mike at 716-359-4729.
To be eligible for free or reduced registration, please provide one of the following:
- A copy of your current 1040 Federal Tax Return with Social Security Numbers removed
- A photocopy of an approved application from an assistance program such as:
- Aid to Families with Dependent Children
- Social Security Disability Insurance
- Food Stamps
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families
- Supplemental Security Income
- Women, Infant and Children’s Program
- Children’s Health Insurance Plan
- Section 8 Public Housing
- Home Energy Assistance Program
- Direct Notification Letter for Free/Reduced Lunch
Additional information for Proof of Financial Assistance is available on the Niagara Swimming Outreach Application. If you do not qualify for any of the standards, you will be required to provide payment for each registered child. Cost per child is listed on the Niagara Swimming Athlete Registration Form.