Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a question about our organization or programming that is not answered below, feel free to contact us.
Q: At what locations do you offer the program?
A: The City Swim Project offers swim programming at several locations. Some are open to the public, while others are open only to families that are members/students of the organization/school.
Q: What does it cost?
We offer free or reduced membership for families based on income or proof of financial assistance. To be eligible, provide one of the documents listed below with your registration application. For more information, download the City Swim Project’s Membership Fee Structure.
- A copy of your current 1040 Federal Tax Return with Social Security Numbers removed
- A photocopy of an approved application for one of the following assistance programs:
- Aid to Families with Dependent Children
- Social Security Disability Insurance
- Food Stamps
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families
- Supplemental Security Income
- Women, Infant and Children’s Program
- Children’s Health Insurance Plan
- Section 8 Public Housing
- Home Energy Assistance Program
- Direct Notification Letter for Free/Reduced Lunch
Q: What days do you offer lessons?
The days that lessons are offered vary based on the location. View locations and schedules.
Q: How often can my child attend?
During the Post-COVID time, children will be permitted to attend one lesson per week. As we move beyond COVID, the City Swim Project will allow more frequent attendance. Please check back for future updates.
Q: Does the City Swim Project provide equipment?
All swimmers receive a swim cap, goggles, and swimsuit on an annual basis. Should a child need a replacement, it will come at a modest cost.
Q: How do you determine what level my child will be in?
Q: How long will it take for my non-swimmer to become a swimmer?
A: Every child learns at a different pace. While each level of the City Swim Project has curriculum and benchmarks, no timeline can be provided to achieve swimming competence.